The background on the core IEC 80001 was the topic of two webinars about a year ago. These webinars were recorded and are still very good today. I highly recommend that you review them.
- Help is Just Around the Corner: Guidance on implementing IEC 80001
- Learn how to prepare for risk management of medical devices on an IT network, including where to find the standard and its supporting technical reports, what is in the 4 technical reports and how to use them. Learn also how to perform a risk assessment for a medical device using the technical reports as a guide.
- A World of Increasing Challenges: ISO 80001 and Medical Device Networking integration into Electronic Medical Records.
- Overview of the pending ISO/IEC 80001 standard requirements from one of the IEC committee members. Considerations for Medical Device Networking integration into Electronic Medical Records.
- IEC 80001 Guidance for Wireless Medical IT Networks - October 19, 2011 2pm-3pm EST
- This session will provide guidance regarding wireless networks for organizations just beginning to implement the risk management process required by IEC 80001-1. It will provide guidance on Planning & Design, Deployment & Configuration, Management & Support, and Risk Mitigation techniques.
- Step by Step Risk Management of Medical IT-Networks; Practical Applications and Examples - November 16, 2011 2pm-3pm EST
- This session will will provide step-by-step information for organizations just beginning to implement the risk management process required by IEC 80001-1. It will provide guidance in the form of a study of risk management terms, risk management steps, an explanation of each step, step-by-step examples, templates, and lists of hazards and causes to consider.