WISHIN is three networks
- Direct Secure Messaging -- They have a a HISP, and ability to issue Direct addresses on the WISHIN domain; all as part of DirectTrust.
- Wisconsin wide network -- They connect Wisconsin sites within WISHIN. And maintain Patient Privacy Consents that they enforce.
- onramp to eHealth Exchange
- Wisconsin Provider Directory
- Wisconsin wide Patient Record Locator
- Public Health Reporting
- Hospital Visit report
- Provider Portal access to all of this
- CareQuality -- a newer flavor of eHealth Exchange. Both are managed by Sequoia Project. Both use IHE XCPD and XCA standard
- CommonWell -- a EHR vendor consortium. Uses mostly the same IHE XCA standards, but has a different method of doing Patient Discovery that they call "Record Locator Service", and is based on centralized Master Patient Registry (MPI) feed constantly by HL7 ADT feed.
- Epic CareEverywhere -- Network maintained by Epic, mostly for the benefit of Epic customers. It is also based on XCA, but has some advances that are being integrated into CareQuality.
Payer access with WISHIN will become a reality Q1-2018The underlying standard (XCA) is designed to support many kinds of access, most exposed by the PurposeOfUse assertion. In the case of most HIE traffic today it is for the PurposeOfUse of "Treatment". When Payers come on we can get probes of "Coverage", or queries for "Payment". This capability of the standard can be expanded to support various Clinical Research purposes too.