Thursday, August 20, 2026

Of course I use AI tools

This tweet by Scott Manley a few weeks ago keeps coming to my mind... Mostly because it is exactly my thinking. Of course I use AI tools, I have worked too hard to get where I am today to not use them.


Do I trust without question that which comes out of AI, HELL NO! See previous point about having worked too hard to get to where I am today. Which I will note that it is because of my experience that I can detect AI going rogue. It is because of my experience that I can express in the prompt the key important systems-design criteria. It is because of my experience that I define test benchmarks before starting to develop something. 

The deepest thing I have done is use vibe coding to create a security sensitive data labeling service reference implementation -  Security Labeling Service - Reference Implementation

Do I think that AI could kill us all? Well, I have read plenty of science fiction, so I have the background. This worry is also a reason that I use AI, so that I can understand the tool. I do more than just understand, I write about controlling AI, and monitoring AI.

Some blog articles:

AI is neither good nor bad; it is a tool. When AI does something bad, the tool just did what the human/organization asked it to do. So, anything bad or good that AI does is not the responsibility of AI, but the human or organization that used the AI tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment