Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Looking for career opportunity

Update: Found a new Career, started November 2016

As some of you know, I am currently exploring new career opportunities. Who best to reach out to than those who understand and are interested in what I do through following my blog. Topics such as Privacy Consent, Access Control, Audit Control, Accounting of Disclosures, Identity, Authorization, Authentication, Encryption, Digital Signatures, Transport/Media Security, De-Identification, Pseudonymization, and Anonymization..In the spirit of good networking I'd like to share my thoughts and objectives for my next adventure. Any thoughts, feedback, suggestions, or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

I seek to be considered for an Interop Architect, Interop Program Manager, Standards Developer, Privacy Architect, or other similar leadership position that allows me to continue to engage with International Standards development while directing one or more teams in the implementation of those standards. My philosophy is that Interoperability Standards are not a destination, they are a catalyst that enables something far greater to happen. Privacy is not a encumbrance, but an enabler of something far greater.

I have over 30 years of experience with IT communications, including 18 years of expertise in Healthcare Interoperability Standards and the application of Privacy. I have worked closely with product development teams working on small medical devices, big medical devices, health information systems, and cloud workflows combining all.

I am especially excited about the latest standard from HL7 - FHIR. The FHIR standard leverages modern platforms and interaction models. It models the healthcare data-model using XML or JSON; and interaction-model using http REST.

I currently hold a co-chair position in HL7 security workgroup, as well as a leadership position in HL7 FHIR Management Governance. I am recognized as a leader on the topics of Privacy, Security, and Interoperability in DICOM, IHE, and HL7.  I wish to continue with my engagement with HL7, IHE, and DICOM standards organizations. Interoperability standards allow for the best re-use of technical implementations. These standards set the basis upon which we will add-value.

I have significant experience interacting with government bodies to help them with the evaluation of Interoperability Standards, and the writing of regulations to improve healthcare. I was a member of the HIT Standards - Privacy and Security workgroup, Direct, HITSP, and CCHIT before that. I have influenced USA regulations such as HIPAA, and Meaningful Use; as well as regional regulations globally. I am a member of the Wisconsin HIE technical advisory committee, and provide technical advice to the USA national eHealth Exchange. I have advised HIE implementations in Saudi Arabia, Italy, France, EU, etc

I am a true believer that Privacy + Interoperability are not just equal to the sum of the parts; but enable something greater than could ever happen without them.  I openly and eagerly advise and encourage through 7 years of  blogging,

See my Resume/CV on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmoehrke

Comments, Suggestions, Recommendations are welcome. I don't expect my readers have job opportunities sitting there waiting. However I do expect that you might know someone who knows something is happening...

PS. It appears I am going to miss the September HL7 meeting in Baltimore. This is my second miss in a row due to not having an employer.  This is sad for me as I look forward to being able to interact with my peers face-to-face.

PPS. I am not a "Security Architect". I love the security architects, they do a hugely important service for Privacy. I just don't find the kind of focus on defense to be fun. I am far more interested in enabling the right use of data (Privacy), than trying to stop the mass of maleficence.

PPPS. Happy birthday to my blog... now 7 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment